This past week I took note of the fact that it had been quite some time since I intentionally did something to encourage my husband. You know. You understand. Life gets busy with responsibilities and the days turn into weeks. Some seasons feel a bit more like surviving than thriving. And that's okay. But once you realize that it's been awhile...do something to remind your husband that you have his back and you're still there with him doing this crazy thing called life!
As wives, we have been given such a honor to stand alongside our husband. We have this God-given opportunity every day to lift him up in a way that no one else can. Through the help of the Holy Spirit, we can intentionally encourage him in a such a way that propels him forward and leads him out of his deepest insecurities.
So, here are 5 ways you can encourage your man today:
1. Take 10-15 minutes to write your husband a love note. Just tell him how much you appreciate him and respect him - and then leave the note on his side of the bed, in his car, in his lunchbox or wallet...
2. Take care of a house chore that he normally does and thank him for how he provides for you / children.
3. Encourage him to go do something he loves to do...go out with the guys, play a video game, send him to Lowe's to get something he's been wanting =)
4. Cook his favorite meal =)
5. Initiate sex. This goes a looooong way, ladies! It's okay that your love languages are different - just keep in mind that sex is high up there for love languages for him and he will appreciate your initiation more than you realize.
NOTE: If you're reading this and you and your husband are not in a good place in one way or another...do something for him anyway. Don't put it off just because there's tension between you and him. Intentionally decide to honor him today and then watch as the wall between you and him comes crumbling down. Promise you. It's happened to me more times than I can count. Sometimes we just need to remind our spouse and ourselves that we're on the same team!
Praying for you, dear friend, that the Lord inspires you on how to creatively honor your husband today in a way that fills him up and encourages him!